Thursday, August 4, 2011

We're Back

I love being home.

The more I travel, the more I love NOT going anywhere.

A summary of this week so far...

Mon. We went to NC State for James to look around a little at the history building. He talked to a person about grad school and got a pamphlet on how it all works. It was hotter than Hades, so we didn't end up walking around much outside. The campus is probably 3-4 times bigger than BYU-I's, plus, half of it was walking uphill. No thanks. We went swimming at the pool and then to a movie with Brinson and Myles, Captain America. It was a little on the violent side, though no worse than LOTR. I really enjoyed the movie. I think that Capt. America probably has the best personality out of any superhero.

Tues. We went to the temple with Myles. It was really nice. Brinson and Sarah stopped by to say goodbye. I got all of our stuff packed up.

Wed. was another travel day. I've already said how I feel about that. I had Panda Express again. Our last flight got delayed, so we didn't get home till midnight. I was grouchy.

Today has been great for getting back into my normal, quiet life. It's quite a good life. Being around so many people is wearing on me. I have no idea what I'll do once I have several children begging for my attention, but I'm sure that I'll figure something out. As for now, I'm enjoying the sound of my AC and otherwise, silence, as my grouchy baby takes a nap. Poor little guy went to bed 1.5 hours late but didn't sleep in quite enough to make up for it. We are really blessed to have such a good traveler. He kept turning around and saying, "Hi!" to the people behind us on the plane. They definitely thought that he was a hoot. I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment