Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Whole Lotta Family!

Well, it's been a mostly great vacation so far. I guess I'll just do a summary by days.

Wed. We went to the pool. Joseph had a blast! We swam for an hour, and he didn't want to get out when it was time to leave.

Thu. Joseph threw up in the morning and didn't want to eat much the rest of the day. He was happy, but a little clingy. He'd only go to Myles or me, not anyone else. I went to the store with Mom, got my workout in, and did my normal, daily stuff. I hung out with all my siblings and went to YW with Mara and Carmel. I took the opportunity to use the piano at the church too, because the one here is extremely out of tune!

Fri. Joseph was still sick, but he started feeling much better and got his appetite back by dinner time. He also started to warm up to more family members. We went out to eat at Danny's, where Sarah works. I had an amazing catfish sandwich. My night later on was not so amazing. I felt sick and threw up in the middle of the night. To top that off, I couldn't sleep worth a darn. I did finally get a project started that I've wanted to for a long time! After failing to install 2 different scanners, we finally got it all figured out. Mara helped me scan in all of Dad's old photos of ancestors. When I get back to ID, I'm going to turn them into a photo book.

Sat. I spent the whole day in bed. I felt exhausted and weak, so I lived on chicken noodle soup and toast and water. I read a little and dozed, but mostly just felt horrible (along with half of the family.)

playing with the seat belt

He loves his Uncle Myles.

epic chess tournament

baby Lars, who really isn't a baby anymore!




deciding to like Uncle Brinson



fun times with a straw





Sun. I recovered 100%! We went to church, Joseph had a nap, and now I'm here blogging. Joseph was an angel at church (for the most part) because it actually was NOT during one of his naps. Brinson and Sarah are coming over for dinner today. We're going to have some biscuits and gravy. YUM! Though we're going to eat them with noodles, because I'm not in the mood to make biscuits today...

I miss my kitchen! Even though I've been able to cook here, I just can't find anything. I think I own a lot more knives and cutting boards, because they seem to be in short supply here. They are seriously always dirty. I also miss my real eggs, milk, and homemade bread. Here, there are just regular grocery store eggs and low-fat versions of everything. I grew up on that, yes, but it doesn't taste good anymore. Oh well. I'm working on convincing everyone to change over to the real versions, but no luck so far.

The sound of a real thunderstorm is really nice. We don't get that in Idaho.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Sacha! Joseph is so so so cute. I think Brinson looks a lot like Grandpa Schillemat these days. Looks like you are having fun! Sorry about being sick while on a trip. That is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LARS IS SO BIG! ALL OF THEM ARE SO BIG!

    ReplyDelete