Sunday, July 3, 2011

Yellowstone!

I remember reading about Yellowstone and the huge fire in the 4th grade. Since then, I've always wanted to visit. Since we live so close, I told James that we HAD to visit before we moved away, so we made a day trip for our 2nd anniversary.

I was not disappointed! The trip went by really fast until the afternoon when we started having a tiny bit of car trouble. Luckily, we know what the problem is (radiator leak) and how to fix it, so we made it home in one piece!

We started our trip in West Yellowstone and made our way to Old Faithful, then through Jackson Hole and back to Idaho. It was gorgeous.
hot spring with lots of colorful bacteria


foul-smelling steam



a bison right by the road!




Old Faithful going off.


really cool clock in the Old Faithful Inn



gorgeous view of Yellowstone Lake


the Tetons from the WY side
It was a very exciting day! I sure missed my little guy.

1 comment:

  1. The worst day of the great Yellowstone fire was actually the day I was born!!! They called it Black Saturday.

    ReplyDelete