Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Burning Bush

I have a goal to read all of the scriptures by  the end of 2012, which gives me a year and half. Right now I'm in Exodus, and the story of Moses is just fascinating. What struck me today was the symbolism in the burning bush.

The trials we go through are often likened to fire. Moses communicated with the Lord, whose presence was manifest by the burning bush that, although on fire, did not burn up.

Don't trials feel like that sometimes? When something hard comes along, we literally feel like we're going to burn up. But we don't. We grow. Maybe we should liken these "fires" to having the presence of the Lord in our lives. He is definitely in mine. :)

1 comment:

  1. First off - I am impressed by your goal! Good luck.

    Second off - Wow. That is so true! Beautiful metaphor, and so apt for my life this year!

    ReplyDelete