Sunday, November 20, 2011

Stake Conference

I really liked Stake Conference this year. The theme was on strengthening the family, which is always something I need to be working on! Our stake president gave a challenge for the new year: to choose one area a month in which we can grow closer to the Lord. That sounds like a really good challenge! Pres. (Elder) Clark was presiding at the conference, and one remark he made today really stood out. No matter what level of obedience we've reached now, it isn't enough. We need to continue to become more obedient and faithful in the Gospel, constantly improving ourselves. When we're not sure how to improve, the Lord will show us our weakness.

I am full of weakness, one thing in life that I'm sure about! I don't always like hearing about ways I can improve, because it's hard work, not to mention that I have to swallow my pride and admit that I need to change. This year has been a year of great change, and I look forward to the next year, because I know that it too will be full of change. I don't have a clue where I'll  live a year from now.

It's sad to think of leaving Rexburg, my home for the last 5 years. It's been a wonderful 5 years. I turned from a clueless teenager into a somewhat-less-clueless mom of 1 1/2, wife, and homemaker. It makes me wonder where I'll be 5 years from now.

We went to Craigo's for probably the last time yesterday. It was great, of course, though I ate way too much. I loved the chipotle chicken kind that they had, but it was sad that there was no pumpkin dessert pizza. Joseph had a ball, of course, because pizza is one of his favorite foods, even though he only eats the crust.

I put my nose to the grindstone and got Joseph's jean quilt done! I definitely spent too much time on sewing this past month, but I'm going to achieve some balance now that this monstrous project is done. It's so exciting to see the finished product.

almost the whole thing

a better look at the center pattern

1 comment:

  1. The quilt turned out so cute!!! I tend to get really obsessed by big projects like that and spend way too much of my time and energy working on it because I just want to get it DONE and out of the way! I'm glad you're finished with it. Will you be spending Christmas in the new place or the old one?

    ReplyDelete