Friday, November 18, 2011

Today, I Promise that...

I won't sew. I did a lot of that earlier in the week, but it melted my brain. Plus, it's hard for me to leave a project alone that isn't quite finished!

I won't organize anything. I carried in some boxes from storage the other day, and I probably shouldn't have. They were probably too heavy, and they made a normal day a little too stressful. There really isn't anything left to  organize in this house anyway!

I'll spend more time with Joseph. Because of the craziness I brought on myself this week, he's been dying for more attention. I can't miss this cute stage of life either! He's started saying "please" and "thank you", and I have no idea how that even happened.

I will read a book. Two weeks without reading has made me a very dull girl. Reading helps my brain not get fried by the end of the day. I need to read every day for fun, even if it's only for 10 minutes!

I will rest. I overworked myself this week, because I forgot that I have limitations. Getting enough sleep at night isn't enough! I'm going to put my feet up (on James's side of the chair, since mine is broken) and rest these sore arm muscles and worn-out mind.

Tomorrow is another day. It always feels good to "go back to work" after a day of rest. That makes me appreciate Sundays a lot, because I don't think I would slow down enough if it weren't a commandment. Physical rest is great, but being able to sit back and reflect on the week is even better.

This has been a good and productive week, but I can still do better...

Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment