Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am Grateful, Really!

I woke up today with mixed feelings about the day. Truthfully, my past few days did not go exactly as planned. I'd thought that with my blanket project done, that I'd get a little r&r with James while we did nothing.

I was wrong.

The last few days have been challenging, partly from my high expectations, but also because the pregnancy insomnia seems to be kicking in. I can't seem to stay asleep at night, and I toss and turn from 5 a.m. on. I also have lots of weird anxiety dreams about things that don't make sense. It was hard for me to feel grateful about anything this morning, because I didn't fall asleep till 12:00, thanks to Joseph downstairs who was yelling for his mom and because of an overload on treats. It had been a pretty exhausting day as well, because I took Joseph shopping and he managed to whine and create a poopy diaper that I had to change at D.I.

Based on my poor choices in the last few days (too many sweets late at night!), I feel especially grateful for the Word of Wisdom and the principles of moderation that it teaches. The holidays are a little more challenging to get through now, because they encourage gluttony, not moderation. I just don't feel the same about pie, candy, and most other sweets. They really aren't as tasty as they used to be. Plus, my stomach is steadily shrinking, so I know I'll eat dinner, even after the "feast" at lunchtime. In some ways, I don't feel like I fit in with mainstream America's eating habits anymore, nor do I want to.

I am grateful that my health is better than ever before, despite my poor choices this week. This pregnancy has had only a fraction of the discomforts that I had with my first. Everything in the Gospel makes life so much better.

I am grateful for a wonderful husband who will cook me breakfast on days like this when I can't seem to drag myself out of bed. He is wonderful in too many ways to count.

I am grateful for good friends that lift me and inspire each day, especially in regards to my health. It's been a lot easier to change my habits since I've had support from "the outside" (Cindy!)

I am grateful for eternal families. It's been a wonderful year here in the Head "barn". We've grown closer together in many ways. It will be bittersweet to move, but I do hope to be closer to my own family in the future. I love my own little family so much and can't wait to have 2 little boys!

I am grateful for all that I was able to learn this year. I definitely wouldn't have thought that I'd ever play the piano at Church or enjoy sewing. I'm glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone in those areas with encouragement from friends, family, and Heavenly Father.

As always, I am grateful for every blessing that comes from following the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment