Tuesday, November 15, 2011

When My Books on Hold Take Forever...

...I have to fill up the time somehow!

First of all, my most exciting moment of the past week was definitely going to the stake "give and take". I got enough 3T clothes for Joseph so that I won't have to buy any, but even more exciting than that, I found the perfect material for both cloth napkins and Christmas stockings! I have one at my parents' house, but I think it's staying there, so I figured it'd be good for James and me to have our own.

Also, my sewing machine is functional once again! The new belt just slipped right on and I got right to work. Thank goodness I found that random website that explained sewing machine motor belts to me. :)

Angie's "boyfriend" pillow

Not a sewing project, but I did cut his hair! He
screamed bloody murder the whole time.

Napkins! I feel all fancy now.

Can't wait to use these!

Two headbands made out of scraps. I really
love the look of yo-yo flowers!
Thanks to Pinterest, I will always have a wealth of ideas at my fingertips. Aside from Joseph's quilt and a sock monkey that I plan to make him for Christmas, I think that will be all the sewing for the year, since I'm actually running low on scraps (for now). It's been super fun though, and I definitely plan to do a lot more sewing than I ever have in the coming year. I love owning my own machine! Hurray for D.I.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... he looks SO OLD with his hair cut!!! And I LOVE Pinterest. I'm going to be blogging soon about some pinterest-inspired stuff I've been doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those stockings! And I had a pillow like that when I was little made out of an old sweatshirt. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    I agree, Joseph really looks old now. I don't know when he turned into a toddler!

    ReplyDelete