Saturday, December 3, 2011

Today would have been much better if I'd used the word no at least once.

Sometimes in life, you volunteer to serve. At other times, you are asked to serve. I'm okay with both of those.

I'm not okay with being volunteered to do something, just because someone is sure that I won't say no (which is generally true.). That's exactly what happened to me while I was trying to run errands with Joseph and an almost flat tire. (Or at least that's how it seemed. It turned out not to be the case, but still, I was pretty mad about it.) I also received the phone call right as I was paying for some stuff I laminated and trying to carry it all, plus Joseph, back to the car. In case you were wondering, there is no easy way to unlock the door of the car, hold your stuff, and keep your child from running out in the parking lot. I called them back, don't worry. But how could I refuse this opportunity when a) The person already assumed I'd say yes and b) I really had no good excuse? Lucky for me, I got the tire filled with air, and it was fine. Also, I had just enough time to eat lunch, even though 5 minutes of shoveling food in my mouth would usually not settle too well.

Thank goodness for James, who had lunch ready when I got home. And thank goodness the internet started working again! This really is an okay Saturday. I guess it just hasn't been as relaxing as I'd planned. I worked myself too hard yesterday already and didn't eat enough. Eating out for dinner did not help things. I've really lost my taste for anything but homemade pizza. The fast food stuff is either too salty, too meaty, or way too cheesy and/or greasy. Pizza Hut is all of the above!

I choose to do nothing productive the rest of the day. I'm just too tired.

On a positive note, working too hard yesterday yielded 3 very good things:
homemade toffee, which is delicious and almost gone
clean laundry, including the sheets, because I always forget them
a completed present for James, which I shall not reveal until after Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Homemade toffee?? Yum! And I hear you - I am exactly like you. I have a tough time saying no in those situations, but they drive me crazy. That said, I think you DID have a good excuse for saying no! Sounds like you were having a crazy morning even before you got volunteered to do something else. Sorry it was a stressful morning. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and I found out I didn't really get volunteered, it just seemed suspiciously like it. Either way, I'm glad that yesterday is over! :)

    ReplyDelete