Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

It's amazing how one good night of sleep after a week of not-so-good sleep can really turn things around.

Last night, I thought that life was hard. It's not, really, or at least it doesn't have to be! Looking at what I wrote down is almost funny. Why was I so worried about such trivial things? Why do these things only come up when I'm sick, tired, or both? I guess that's just part of life: learning from these times when all seems lost and laughing about those moments a day later.

I will admit that I have a certain amount of trepidation about our upcoming move. It's not the move itself but rather what I feel that I'm losing from moving away from Rexburg. I've lived in this town for five years now and have grown quite comfortable. I'm comfortable in my current home as well. I have an exercise partner, a piano to use, and a wonderful shopping buddy. I know Rexburg better than I know my hometown in North Carolina. Rexburg doesn't change as quickly.

I worry a little about being on my own in a new ward. I don't feel that making fast friends is a talent I have, but perhaps it's one I should seek out this coming year. It's also a little scary to think of having two kids. I don't know why, but Joseph's illness this past week has probably made me a little more anxious about that. Now that he's getting better, he's back to his wonderful, cheerful self, and I couldn't be happier to welcome another little boy.

I look forward to having a 2-bedroom apartment. It almost feels like extravagance to have my own washer and dryer, a pool, and to live in town right behind a super Walmart. That will be so convenient.

I find comfort in knowing that the Gospel never changes. We will still be members of the same church. We will probably fit right in, because that's never been a problem before. Being a member of the Church is so awesome. Even a summer in Alaska where I knew two people was great, because we had an awesome branch to go to.

I'm so grateful to have gotten a good night of sleep for the first time in a week. I thought I had truly entered the horrible insomnia phase of pregnancy, but maybe not. I'm starting to feel fat and uncomfortable, since I can't breathe as well, but that will improve over the next few days when this cold is gone! I sort of have "restless leg" syndrome, but only mildly, in my right leg.

I'm grateful that James graduates tomorrow! Or pretends to, as he says. This is the end of his most demanding semester EVER. Hurray!

It's been an okay week, but it's so much better now. I've been able to read a lot, and James is giving me a new book for every "12 days of Christmas". We will also start our own "12 days of Christmas" for a family in the ward. We're not going every day, but every 3 so we don't get burnt out.

Life is good. I can't wait for James to have a "break" before we move. Holy cow. It's all going by too fast.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on "so fast"! Geez. I'll have quite the update on us for you Tuesday....

    Calcium and potassium supplements taken with orange juice before bed helps restless leg a lot. It takes a few nights for it to have an effect, but if you do it pretty faithfully it is helpful. I always get restless leg in the summer because I get so low on electrolytes so fast!

    ReplyDelete