Friday, December 9, 2011

Tender Mercies

The Lord's in charge, and I definitely noticed that this week. It's been tough, because Joseph has been acting a little strange. First of all, he had a few days where he ate a ton. Then, he decided that he was going to fall over a lot (stumbling a lot worse than his usual walking) and not walk at all for a day and a half. I actually took him to his "well baby" check yesterday, and he was acting fine, of course. Then, he woke up this morning completely grouchy and wouldn't walk again. It turns out that he has a hurt knee, which somehow I figured out while holding him on my lap. There was only one appointment available today, and James was able to take him at that time. That allowed me to get a much-needed nap, since both boys were very restless last night and kept me awake. (Ugh. I hate insomnia more than anything, but I especially dislike being kicked really hard from the inside!) By some miracle, I finished the laundry early while they were gone. Joseph got a few X-rays and there is some swelling in his knee. He was prescribed an expensive medication, but Walmart was out of it, so we got 10-dollar ibuprofen instead. Joseph has been much happier and took a great nap this afternoon. I'm hoping that he'll be back to normal pretty soon! I've felt like an awful, paranoid mom this week because I just couldn't figure out what was going on with this kid! However, I know that it will be all right. I had a chance to do some reading this week, which was really relaxing, despite all the craziness. I didn't even mention that he had his first tantrum (30 minutes long) due to his sore knee and that two doctor's appointments back-to-back yesterday took 3 hours! James has been such a lifesaver. He brought me a delicious snack yesterday when the appts. where over, because I was starving! Never doing that again, needless to say. It's not fun. Maybe tomorrow will be a more "fun" day...

1 comment:

  1. Oh bummer! Both on the hurt knee and the 30 minute tantrum - holy cow, I didn't know Joseph had that in him! I hope things get MUCH better from here on out. You've had a rough week!

    ReplyDelete