Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One Week

We move in a little over a week. Where did the time go? It doesn't look like we're moving, because we don't have enough stuff to pack up this far in advance. (Ha ha.) Therefore, absolutely nothing has been packed yet. Knowing that I will have to next week really makes me want to get started, but there is nowhere to put the boxes even if I were to pack them. I guess that's the dilemma of a tiny apartment. (Tiny = less than 500 square feet.)

I feel a little more peaceful about moving than I did, but I know I'm still going to miss Rexburg a ton. I've been here for 5 years now, with a few short months in North Carolina one summer and another summer in Alaska. I haven't really moved since I first started going to college, and I still remember how hard that 1st month was.

There is so much to do, but not really anything I can do yet! I guess I'd better figure out what our new address is so I can switch that stuff over...

Later.

I can't believe that Christmas is coming so soon. I'm very grateful that I got all the presents done and sent early, because this wouldn't have been a good week to do so. I'm excited for this weekend and even more so for the end of today. Joseph and I are about to embark on an epic journey of errands. It's not easy to lift him in and out of his carseat, and I can't just leave him in the car, even if the errands take 5 minutes inside. Despite that, we will survive somehow, because James is in Utah for the day. I can't wait until he gets home! Considering that he's done with school, I haven't seen him any more than I would have during school. He just doesn't have homework during the evenings.

Life is good. I just don't want to move next Christmas! (This is the 3rd year in a row. I think that's slightly worse than being in the military.)

1 comment:

  1. Haha so far Mike and I haved moved every year on our anniversary (and too many times in between to want to admit to)! We really should find a better way to celebrate special occasions! Good luck with packing and moving!

    ReplyDelete