Friday, December 23, 2011

A Testimony

I feel like I need to share my testimony this week, but I don't know why. Since today is Joseph Smith's birthday, I thought I'd share a few thoughts about him.

In the Doctrine & Covenants, it is said that Joseph Smith did more for us than anyone except for Jesus Christ. I truly believe that. Unlike Christ, Joseph Smith was not a perfect man. He had his faults, just as we all do, yet he still accomplished great things. He translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God, for which I am very grateful. The Book of Mormon is a blessing to all those who read it and seek to find out if it's true. I know that it is, which means that Joseph Smith was truly a prophet of God.

I am grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which God organized through Joseph Smith. I cannot imagine what a large task it must have been to restore the truth to the earth. It is still rejected in many cases, but the Church has grown to fill the whole earth, as prophesied by Daniel in the Bible.

Because of Joseph Smith, I enjoy countless blessing from being a member of the Church. I couldn't possibly name them all. During this season, I'm especially grateful for eternal families and the sealing power that binds us together. Life has its ups and down, but our family stays strong because of the Gospel.

I could say a lot more. Needless to say, I am very grateful for all that Joseph Smith did in his life. I hope that my little Joseph can live up to his namesake (well, one of them!)

1 comment:

  1. I can add some background to your comments. Last night we had a get-together at home that we call a living Christmas card. As part of this program, we recounted how our families came into the Church. Ours began in 1906 when Laura Sutton Bargeron and her husband joined in Georgia. Her example resulted in my family eventually joining in 1963. I am grateful for their honesty, and for their willingness to follow when they recognized the light.

    ReplyDelete