Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Ending

Despite a rotten beginning to last week, it ended quite well. I'm so glad!

I found a grain mill at Goodwill for only 12.99. It works great, doesn't look too used, and saved me about 200 bucks since I don't have to buy a new one. I didn't think I'd find one so soon. I was going to look for a year to get a used one before taking the plunge to buy a new one. I guess I don't have to!

Joseph said, "I love you," for the first time last week. It was beyond adorable and accompanied by a big hug. I love that little guy. He's such a good "helper" and likes to put dishes away for me. He also reminds to practice my keyboard by insisting, "Don!" (song) until I pull it out and play some songs for him, giving him some opportunities to hit the demo button, of course.

The laundry got done early, thanks to Mr. Pukey earlier in the week.

The weather has been awesome. It's above freezing, and the snow we got last week was basically melted within 24 hours. I could get used to that. We've also had a lot of sunny days, great for walks!

Sleep. After one horrible night, thanks to the glucose test, I've resumed sleeping like a rock. I literally don't have time to worry about having trouble falling asleep, because I'm out and wake up 8 hours later. I can't sleep longer than that, but I don't seem to need it. It's so nice! Being 30 weeks pregnant doesn't usually guarantee any good sleep, but so far, I've been really lucky. I love it.

Exploring. We found an awesome park in Meridian for Joseph. It's the best park I've ever seen that doesn't cost money to get into. We also went to a little "hole in the wall" Mexican place for dinner one night, and it was delicious. I love real Mexican food. Joseph gobbled all the extra tortillas. Lengua is even pretty good.


at the lake
Nature. There is a gorgeous lake not far from our house. We went to the visitor's center and were pleasantly surprised at how awesome it was. There was a cool kids' room with lots of hands-on stuff. Joseph loves birds. We've seen a huge variety here, thanks to James's binoculars and ornithology class last semester.
sleeping on the floor when he was sick
making a fort with Daddy

Life is really good! It's definitely easier when everyone is feeling well. :)

1 comment: