Thursday, January 26, 2012

This Week in Nampa

There isn't a whole lot to report. It's been rainy and a little gloomy, but I really love the sound of the rain on the roof (or dripping down the roof, since we're on the first floor.) I find it soothing, because it takes me back to the days of growing up in Florida, where rain is abundant.

I'm getting even more excited about baby Kenny's arrival in about 10 weeks. That doesn't seem like much time, and I'm sure that it will fly by. He's starting to run out of room already, but I still feel surprisingly good and get pretty good sleep. I wake up at least once, but I fall back asleep quickly. I passed my glucose test - hallelujah! I really didn't want to do the 3 hour test.

It's a good day. There's another Relief Society meeting tonight, a service project to get lots of invitations ready for, you guessed it, another R.S. meeting. I love Relief Society. It feels like home, no matter how different the sisters are from each other. I'm grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where such a wonderful organization was truly inspired by God. I truly believe that the Lord answers prayers through other people, and Relief Society is a wonderful way for that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment