Friday, February 10, 2012

Finally!

I had my first OB appointment in 2 months yesterday. I really like my doctor. Joseph freaked out a little when she was listening to the baby's heartbeat and starting crying. Poor little guy. It's definitely not as easy to take him than to just go by myself. He was good, though. I just felt bad that he got scared.

I'm down to less than 8 weeks now! I was right: Kenny's head is down now. That's where I always feel the hiccups. I keep having really strange dreams that I don't remember later (only the fact that they're strange). Luckily, I don't have insomnia. I fall right back asleep after waking up, with few exceptions.

Working out is getting difficult, but I'm going to press on till this baby is born. I was never a graceful dancer anyway. I should be pretty darn flexible once Kenny's born, because I can still touch my toes!

I had an issue with "Mom radar" last night. I awoke at 3 a.m., which is pretty standard these days. Until that point, I'd slept very soundly. Our doors stick a little (new paint) so I must have woken Joseph up. I heard hime say, "Mommy," very softly from his room, but I didn't go get him because I knew he was okay. Still, I started feeling super guilty and couldn't go back to sleep until 4:30. The rest of the night was very restless and horrible.

Seriously, "Mom radar" should be a thing that can be deactivated sometimes. It makes for a lot of unnecessary worrying! True emergencies would still override the system, of course, but it would make life a lot easier if I didn't have those crazy moments when I worry about nothing.

If only...

No comments:

Post a Comment