Monday, February 20, 2012

Rexburg

We've had a very nice time in Rexburg. The weather in Nampa was gorgeous when we left, so it was almost a shame to leave. The drive was great, though, and we got here in only 4 1/2 hours.

Friday night, we ate dinner with the family and then hung out. Grandma and Grandpa Lee came over with a present for baby Kenny. He now has the most adorable turtle blankie and burp cloths. I can't wait for him to get here. Only 6 weeks left, and I'm finally feeling ready...almost!

Saturday, we went to the temple. It's tough to sit for that long, but it was peaceful and enjoyable. I printed some family names that I've been able to find, thanks to Legacy. What an awesome program!

I took a nap when Jojo did. Although I've been sleeping reasonably well at night (no insomnia), I still need a nap after a good 8 hours of sleep! It makes me feel lame, but I know it's normal.

That night, we saw a Greek tragedy called Ephedre. It fit the bill for emotional, depressing, and heart-wrenching all in one. Gotta love tragedies.

Sunday, it was cool to go to our old ward and see friends. There wasn't time to see everyone, but it was still nice to catch up a little. Since we were Primary teachers last year, some people didn't realize that we'd moved. Haha.

sleeping on the drive

a hug from Uncle Joseph 
ready to play in the snow
We enjoyed a family dinner with the whole family. Sam and Jesse came over too. Joseph has loved seeing everyone again. He's going to be a little lonely when we get back home, I think.

So here it is Monday already. We head back after Joseph's nap, probably around 3 p.m. I hope that the drive goes just as well. It snowed about 6 inches here, and it looks gorgeous. I wonder if Nampa has any. Guess I'll find out later!

No comments:

Post a Comment