Monday, April 1, 2013

A Quarter of a Century

I don't know why I've been such a blog slacker recently. Maybe it just gets pushed to the back burner when I'm tired. However, my 25th birthday deserves its own post and recap because it's one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

We celebrated on Saturday, the 23rd. I woke up to breakfast, a delicious omelet that James made for me. I then opened my gifts. I got some yummy dark chocolate truffles and bars (all gone now), a camera, the Hobbit movie, some capris from my mom to replace my favorite trashed ones, and a few other small things that I forget right now. It was more than I'd usually get, but James had won a gift card to Walmart, hence the camera. I was completely surprised and definitely not expecting a new camera! I've been using the iPhone/iPod for so long that I forgot how awesome 16 megapixels looks.

I went out to lunch with my friend Jo. It was my first time eating at Cafe Rio, and I was pretty impressed when the enchiladas I got. The sauce was really tasty. Jo gave me some bread bags, for which I am very grateful. I've been too lazy to buy any, but my freezer is too crammed to fit my usual bread box.

I had a relaxing afternoon and then James and I went out to dinner while Jo watched the kids. We had Chinese and went all out with the dinner deal. We got seafood dishes and appetizers. It was delicious and way too much food, so we had the leftovers for lunch the next day. I made a cake that mom sent me. It was pretty good.

My actual birthday wasn't terribly exciting. James stayed late at school. However, my friend Cindy finally (9 days late!) had her baby! That was by far the most exciting part about my birthday...a little birthday buddy. She is one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen, and she has a head full of dark hair. What a doll. I hope I get to meet her in the near future. I think of myself now as honorary aunt, or something, since my own niece won't be born for another few months. :)

I'll always remember my 25th birthday because of that dear baby, who has long been anticipated by her mommy. (Congrats again, Cindy!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment