Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Wintry Spring Break

Last week after the family left, we had a warm few days, hence the little hike and some biking. Unfortunately,  that warm weather was short-lived. I'm a little annoyed that the weather here has been EXACTLY like spring in Rexburg. Though we are further south, we are at a higher elevation so it's not any warmer here. :( We had snow twice this week and highs in the 30's. I hate spring when it's not spring. This Southern girl misses being warm during March and April.


a hike in Dinosaur Natnl. Monument

going somewhere, Joseph?

a happy boy with a marshmallow

two happy boys ready for a bike ride

Christian (my brother) got here for his spring break on Saturday. We went to the dinosaur quarry and took the back way home. It's really easy to explore the wilderness around Vernal, and it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to drive out of town in almost any direction.

Sunday was like normal except for meeting with another ward in the stake center. Our building is being repaired or something. We went to the rec center for FHE on Monday. The little boys always love going swimming. I got my new suit in the mail! I've decided to layer it with my old suit for maximum coverage/fit/support. I really like it even though my baby bump comes nowhere near fitting into it yet.

Christian and James played some bball and racquetball. We checked out the library and D.I., watched movies, and ate too much junk food. I've been going to bed too late (though not later than 11, but that's late!) and eating too much junk food. It's just too easy to make extra goodies when people are visiting.

James finally found some .22 ammo at the pawn shop! He's been looking for a few months. Vernal is a very conservative town, so everyone is completely paranoid that Obama will personally come and take their guns away. I think it's pretty funny. I like shooting, though. It's pretty fun and I'm not a bad shot. 

James and Christian talked me into learning how to play Risk. I'll admit, it's a pretty fun game. We called a tie after 2 hours because it started dragging on. I feel like I did pretty well for it being my first time.

That's about it for this week. I have an appointment today and ultrasound tomorrow...my first one! I can't wait to actually see my little baby. Christian leaves tomorrow. Between now and then, I think there is more junk food and movie-watching in my future. If there's one time for me to ease up a little on my health food habits and not worry about gaining weight, I suppose it could be now, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl. I am totally with you on the not being warm thing. We just got like 10 inches of snow. GRRR. Anyway, sounds like you are all doing well. Enjoy the junk food. Sometimes, you have to seize opportunities like that.

    ReplyDelete