Thursday, November 1, 2018

More Sickness, Halloween

Kenny seemed fine on Friday, but I kept him home anyway. He ended up worse over the weekend and had lots of cramping - poor guy. He finally returned to school on Tuesday. Both Kenny and James got blessings on Sunday since Kenny was feeling so terrible and James has had trouble with a hoarse voice for about a month now. Not so good for teaching!

Everyone was feeling okay on Saturday, so we went to the Jensen Pumpkin Festival as we've done for the past 5 years, I think. The kids had a really good time, as always.

Sunday, James stayed home with Kenny and the two youngest since it's hard to take them while I'm in Primary. I could have taken Lewis, but...I was feeling lazy. We have yet to all go to church together and not have some disaster happen. Maybe November will be better!

We did a family home evening about trials, as demonstrated by bread dough. It was pretty fun to let the kids help punch the dough. I don't ever let it rise twice, so it was fun for me too.

Tuesday we had tithing settlement.

Wednesday was Halloween! We went to the ward trunk or treat. James and I did a date at home watching Jurassic Park and eating dino nuggets. Samantha was even happy while I handed out candy as long as I was bouncing her.

I'm taking my measurements once a month. Since delivering Samantha, I have lost 34 pounds and 29 inches! I'm right at the halfway point to meeting my goal. I wish that were true time-wise too. :)

It's still tough to have a little baby who needs to eat often and cries at inopportune times. However, the time is going by so quickly, 2 months already! I feel like the hardest part is definitely over because she isn't fussy very often and goes to bed about the same time every night. Even naps are kind of predictable. That makes my life a lot easier. I do love seeing her sweet smiles and sleeping all night, even if it might not last. I'm still crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment