Thursday, January 17, 2019

Ear Infection, Sinus Infection, Projects

Thankfully, Samantha's sleep was not the new normal. She's back to sleeping all night. Phew.

Things have gotten both better and worse. A few kids are done with the pink eye drops, but the rest of us remain. I didn't attend church on Sunday because I woke up with it in both eyes, plus my ear was killing me.

Backing up, James took Lewis to Urgent Care on Thursday. Poor little guy has an ear infection. I went in today and have a sinus infection. I have NEVER felt such severe pain in my face. Basically, I have been sick every single day of 2019 so far, and I now have an antibiotic to take for 10 days.

On the bright side, James took today off (not even realizing I'd be going to Urgent Care) so we are finally going to fix the dishwasher. He also got inspired by Marie Kondo and cleaned out the closet. I'm so happy about that. Once I start feeling better, I am totally going to declutter (again). I started using her method back when I read the book a few years ago.

Things are looking up. We had dinner brought to us on Monday by a friend, and we had fast food on Tuesday. I'm going to cook from here on out. This illness is a good reminder that I haven't paid much attention to my nutrition in the last year, so it's time to get back on track so I can be my best, healthiest self. Having two babies in a row really made it hard (more like impossible) to think about being healthy because I just had to survive.

I finished all the Halloween stuff despite my brain fog and also the YouTube videos for my family. I'm excited to be able to find things. I ended up with 186 videos that range from 1991 to 2007. It was great to reminisce a little while I'm feeling so crummy.

Here's to better health from here on out! (I hope. I do still hang out with a lot of germy little people.)


No comments:

Post a Comment