Thursday, January 10, 2019

Pink Eye

We reorganized our living room and took down Christmas decorations on Saturday. It was the perfect project for that day. Reorganizing also means vacuuming every nook and cranny, which I like.

So yeah, pink eye. Katie, James, and I are the only ones who don't have it (yet). Small houses, sharing rooms, and toddlers who spread germs easily make the perfect breeding ground for all kinds of stuff. I do clean my house, I promise. I just need a decontamination room.

I haven't sleep well for the past 5 days. Samantha has woken up for 3 of them. I can't tell if this is the new normal, but I hope not. Her naps have gotten much longer, though, like 2 hours each, so I love having that time to work on things.

The dishwasher is broken, not horribly so, but it needs a new drain hose and I have to wait for that in the mail. People who design appliances are greedy. It's true that they don't make things like they used to. I hate washing dishes by hand. (Paper plates to the rescue till I can get this thing fixed!) It's sad that we've had it less than 2 years and it already needs a repair. Also, that I figured out so easily what was wrong with it because I've done this repair before.

Basically, this week has been really rough and I want it to be over. I'm looking forward to grocery shopping because it means I can get out of the house for a little while.

I've made a lot of progress on the DVD's to YouTube project. I'm done with 6 of the 9 DVD's! It's been fun to rewatch all of my family's old videos.

I've finished 4 of 5 kids' Halloween stuff too. I'm saving Katie's dress for last because I know it will be the hardest and take the longest. Everything looks pretty cute so far. I still can't believe how much I like sewing when I used to hate it so much. I need to apply that energy to all the dishes I have this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment