Thursday, January 3, 2019

Mara and Ricky's (Unexpected) Visit

Sun.: We made it to Church on time (even with all the craziness) and played games and rested after lunch.

Mon.: Mara and Ricky went to Salt Lake to look for an apartment. The rest of us played catch up (shopping, laundry). We had subs for our New Year's dinner and watched the first Fantastic Beasts movie while eating snacks.

Tue.: James took Mara and Ricky rabbit hunting, we played games, and relaxed. We had black-eyed peas and cornbread for dinner, our New Year's tradition.

Wed.: Mara and Ricky officially got an apartment! There were lots of issues, so they didn't find out until 6 p.m. I had a pretty normal day. James and the boys went back to school. We played Speak Out and laughed a lot.

Thu.: Pretty normal day again. Mara and Ricky are still waiting to hear if they move in today or tomorrow. (Update: today at 3 p.m.! Hurray! They've been homeless for a week now, so I bet they're grateful!)

Projects for this year:

1. Splitting my family's home videos into smaller clips to put on YouTube. I've done a  year's worth (24 small videos) already. I had to download a program to convert the DVD's to the right format and then learn to cut the long video into clips, but it wasn't too terribly hard. I'm excited to have all these more accessible to everyone.

2. Actually doing Katie's hair every day, even if it's just brushing it, so she will look less disheveled in Kindergarten later this year.

3. Sewing. My mom gave me some Halloween fabric, so I'm starting with dresses/pajamas for the kids.

4. Trying new foods. I'm looking for random ingredients in each aisle of Walmart for inspiration each time I shop.

It should be a much easier year since I'm not dealing with pregnancy. I love being able to sleep all night too. Samantha is the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment