Thursday, January 31, 2019

Konmari, Yoga, Dates, New Car

First, the Konmari method. I do it once a year now to my house (since 2016) since things do accumulate, outlive their usefulness, or get disorganized over time. It took about 10 hours for the whole process. All that remains is to get new drawers for the kitchen so I can put all that stuff where it belongs and, when the snow melts (in March?), the shed. Everything else is looking tidy and nice...as nice as it can be with all these little people running around!

Since most of January was spent sick, we made sure to have a really fun week this week. Monday, we went to a movie with the kids. We saw The Kid Who Would Be King, and it was pretty good. Lewis and Samantha did all right but weren't perfect.

Tuesday, the missionaries came for dinner. I went to my very first yoga class and loved it. James goes to play games with friends every week or two and sometimes goes hunting with them, so I've been looking for my own "thing" for a while now but never knew exactly what to do until James suggested this class. The class is perfect because it's small and not part of a big, noisy gym. I really like the teacher and didn't feel too out of place. Also, it was the kind of yoga that was slow-paced and very relaxing, which is exactly what I was looking for. Relaxing is something I need help with. Haha.

We went to the temple on Wednesday night, and it was also very peaceful.

James got a new car in the school district auction. It's a 2001 Mercury Sable that will replace his Corolla. It's so nice to have keyless entry and automatic locks and windows, as well as door handles that aren't all broken!

We are going on a date tonight too. I'm so excited. It really has been a difficult month, but I'm so glad that everyone is finally healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment