Thursday, January 24, 2019

Finally Getting Better

I'm almost done with the medicine and feeling a lot better. I still have a cough that keeps me up sometimes and some fluid in my ear, but hopefully that will clear up soon. Everyone else is healthy! Knock on wood!

I did start cleaning out some clothes the kids outgrew. I'm caught up on sewing projects for now since I finally got around to tying two quilts I'd been too lazy to do before.

I'm starting to lose weight again after my December break. It's so nice to be able to afford any fruits and veggies we want. I'm particularly fond of frozen mangos. I should be able to fit into my regular clothes at my birthday! Getting back on track has been hard. My only real goal after having Samantha last year was to eat only when hungry but to eat whatever I wanted. Now I am focusing on actually eating enough fruits and veggies for the first time since May of 2016 (the beginning of Lewis's pregnancy.) It is tough at times and I have grieved a little about it. That sounds stupid, but change is hard. I'll never have another baby again, so it really is time to take my health seriously. I'm not going to magically get fit without trying.

Joseph had his first (only?) Pinewood Derby on Tuesday. Our ward rented an awesome track that was all digital. Each boy got to race 16 times (about 16 boys) on each track 4 times, and a computer kept track of all the times. The winner was determined by total time at the end. It was awesome not to have to worry about brackets, and it was completely fair too. I wish all of life could be that easy. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment