Thursday, August 27, 2020

First Days of School

This week on the shed, we finished insulating the gables and filling in all the cracks with caulk and/or Great Stuff. I also cleaned everything up today and organized the tools - again. Our next step is to measure for insulation batts and get those in before Dad arrives on Labor Day. He had so much fun, he wanted to come and do drywall for us while he drops off Lars at college. I'm not complaining.

I took the kids to meet their teachers on Monday. Thankfully, I was able to get a babysitter! School officially started on Tuesday, and I think it's been a bit overwhelming for everyone. They are required to wear masks, which can get uncomfortable, but I think they are adjusting. It's been hard to get up early again. I haven't had to worry about it for 5 months.

I'm starting to get into a routine again. I've missed cuddling up and reading to just the 2 little ones. I've also started playing the piano again and will resume Kenny's lessons. I picked green beans at Sis. Smith's house the other day, so I'm going to learn to use my new pressure canner that I'll hopefully get today. I also have yard work to do through October. Basically, I have enough things to keep me busy - for now. I enjoy having a big project (like the shed) that I can split into a bunch of small things. The little kids will survive about an hour of me working outside before they get bored or try to run off.

I still wish that the pandemic would end. It makes me feel a little on edge. I don't even know what "normal" feels like anymore. I don't feel like I can operate at 100% until things are more certain. I really hope that's soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment