Thursday, August 6, 2020

Summerween, A Week Without James, School Decisions

We decided to celebrate Summerween (like in the show Gravity Falls), so the kids dressed up, we catapulted candy, and the boys carved a jack-o-melon. It was silly, but fun.

I went to church on Sunday, and it was great. I think there were only 35 people this time, so I was at least 10 feet away from everyone else. I got to talk to a few people afterward that I hadn't seen in a while. James and Joseph left right after to go to Rexburg. James wanted to help his brother Sam on his new house, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity before our visitors come and we start school. Speaking of which, I made my fast on Sunday about whether they should go back or not. I feel good about sending them, so I've registered them and purchased school supplies. I'll need to figure out the "meet the teacher" part since it's during the day, James will be at work, and I can't take the little kids.

It's been a tough week without James. I have accomplished some good things, like reading 2 books, spraying all the weeds, baking cookies for neighbors, and keeping all the children alive. I don't have James's magic touch, so Lewis refuses to nap and then falls asleep much too late in a random place: on the floor, sitting at the computer, while reading a book. It's really frustrating. I was hoping to meet up with a friend to go walking, but she never texted me back even though she invited me in the first place. I was really upset at first and took it personally, but I'm sure she's just busy. Really, if I look at all the friendships I've ever had, they have all let me down at some point. I can forgive a certain number of times, but there is eventually a point where the relationship fades away. Social media is no help this year. I hate almost everyone.

I can't wait for James and Joseph to get home tomorrow. I think we will still be alive by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment