Thursday, August 20, 2020

Phenixes Visit, Heads Visit

 We had a really busy week, but it was great. James and Dad got the shed completely wired. It has a fan/ light with separate switches for each, several outlets, and a separate window and outlet (with its own circuit) for an air conditioner or heater. They also squared and leveled it on blocks. Nash and Ricky helped with insulating the floor, which was done with strips of wood and foam board in a grid pattern. I think Dad and James put in at least 50 hours!

My main contribution was cleaning up all the tools, trash, sawdust, and foam pieces. I also filled in the trench when the electrical was done and made the rocks look relatively nice again. I even organized all the tools and leftover parts. It was a ton of work, but worth it.

Mom baked us lots of goodies: bread, cookies, cinnamon rolls. I cooked keto for my parents while still including carbs for everyone else. We watched a cute show together in the afternoon called "Austentatious" and kept everything clean and "together" while the men were working outside. Sunday was especially nice since we'd all been working so hard.

We got James's car back from the shop on Friday! It was really expensive, but it finally runs again.

Everyone left on Wednesday. Dad, Nash, and Ricky drove, though not together. I dropped off Mom at the Vernal airport, and she flew home with Dad from Denver. They made it safely late last night. Nash and Ricky should make it back on Friday. I don't know if I mentioned that Ricky officially got a job in Sanford (30 mins. from Apex), so he and Mara are officially going to live in NC now. I'm so sad about that.

The Heads arrived at 5:45 last night, so we ate dinner and then played some games. Today is Melodie's birthday, so we're planning on going to Steinaker reservoir to hang out with the kids. I'll make Thai yellow curry for dinner and fudge sauce to put on the ice cream roll cake that I made yesterday. It should be a pretty good day.

James worked yesterday and has his first official day tomorrow. I'm definitely not ready. We'll have to work on the shed on weekends only now (probably), and that's kind of a bummer since it's going to seem to take forever from here on out. Next up, we'll finish insulating the entryway and gables, plus filling in any more cracks we can find with caulk and Great Stuff. I can't wait for the final product, but I think it will take till October to get there, and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment