Thursday, August 13, 2020

Shed, Car Repairs, Phenixes Visit

 It's been quite the week. On his way back from Rexburg last Friday, James found a shed! It was on the side of the road, so he stopped and got the information so he could call the guy. We worked all day Monday clearing and leveling the ground and putting down blocks to set it on. Unfortunately, the process of setting the shed down wasn't as precise as we thought, so we'll need to straighten it out a little and level it. Thankfully, that can be done with some boards and a jack. I think it's going to be an all-day process, though. It's a really nice-looking shed - like a little cabin, and the outside is already stained. Yay! We're hoping to finish the inside by October-ish when it starts snowing.

To make a long story short, both of our cars ended up in the shop yesterday, though it was only maintenance for the Yukon. James ended up having to walk to the dentist and back to the shop. It was 95 degrees outside, so it was an unpleasant day. It also meant we didn't get anything done on the shed. My parents and Nash arrived around 7, so they ate dinner and hung out with us for a few hours. Nash leaves for Provo and I'll pick up Mom and Dad after I do my grocery pickup today.

The stress of preparing for and getting the shed, plus having no cars for a day, has really messed up my sleep this week. I hope I can start feeling better. That, or I'll just be prepared for when school starts. I don't want to be awake this early!

No comments:

Post a Comment