Thursday, February 18, 2021

Anna's Visit, Oldies

We had a great time with Anna. She got here last Thursday night right before the kids were going to go to bed. Friday, James had school, but we had a great, 3-day weekend as soon as he was home.

We got heart-shaped pizza for lunch on Saturday, and I replaced Anna's headlight as soon as they got back from the store with the right one. I also attempted macarons for the first time. The vanilla ones turned out pretty good, but the chocolate ones didn't look so pretty. I know what I did wrong, though! They are a bit finicky, but not as bad as I thought. Since I'm not going to be selling them, they don't HAVE to look perfect. Honestly, I'm just not good at getting them to all be the same size! They don't taste exactly as I expected, but I do like them. I'm thinking that a vanilla/ganache combo will be just perfect for next time.

I finally stopped chickening out and went to deliver goodies to my ministering sisters. I'd been praying to know when to go, and I felt that after dinner was a good time. Everyone was home! I had never met the one lady who lives down the street from me, but she was super nice. In the short conversation I had with her on the doorstep, I learned that we have a lot in common.

Sunday, we actually went to church in person. It was a huge struggle to get everyone ready in time, but we were miraculously early. James ended up taking Samantha out for at least half of the meeting, but she kept her mask on for most of it. I taught Relief Society on Zoom.

Monday, James went with Anna and the 3 older kids to the sledding hill. It's new to Vernal this year, and they even pull you back up the hill. I wish I could've gone. I stay home with the little kids all the time anyway, so I felt kind of resentful since everyone obviously had a great time while I was cleaning up messes and breaking up fights.

I've been listening to my old Spotify playlists, and it's been interesting. My parents love 70's and 80's music, so I know quite a bit of it. Listening to those decades makes me think of them. My county is no longer in an outbreak, so I hope the rest of the country will follow suit, even though I personally can't get the vaccine for a while. I really want to travel to see them in the summer, and I don't really want to drive.

I took Joseph and Lewis in to the doctor yesterday. Joseph needed a wart on his foot frozen off and Lewis a well check. Lewis finally weighs 30 lbs! His percentiles have also gone up to 7 and 10% for weight and height.

James and I had a date in the cabin with Taco Bell and a new game that Christian sent me. It's called Villainous (based on Disney villains), and it's really fun! I like board games a lot more than I used to simply because I have the brain power for it now. When I was pregnant and/or nursing, it was just too hard to guarantee uninterrupted time.

No comments:

Post a Comment