Thursday, May 11, 2023

Remember the Maine, Strep Throat, Not My Problems

Friday, we hosted a game night, and that was fun.

We had a really good Saturday afternoon hanging out with the Boyles at Remember the Maine. We roasted some hotdogs and had s'mores. I feel like summer has officially begun once I've eaten a s'more. Another of James's coworkers came with his family (drawing a blank on their last name), so we spoke Spanish most of the time. I only blanked on words once or twice! We also got our yardwork done and sprinklers set up.

James got called to teach Gospel Doctrine, and Sunday was his first lesson. He had a bit of sore throat which started getting worse on Monday. A quick trip to urgent care later, he was diagnosed with strep throat. By some miracle, only Katie got it. Everyone else in the house is completely fine. He and Katie stayed home on Tuesday, which ended up being both fun and productive. James got all the bikes working again since we accidentally let them get buried in snow. We also played Pandemic: Legacy.

I've been struggling a little with things I can't solve. First, I want my parents to move, but the timing isn't quite right yet. I hate that I've had the idea because it makes me impatient for it to happen. Second, coming up with names of people to serve in Primary is a constant challenge. I wish everything could stay the same for 6 months! Heck, I'd even take 3. I've already gotten 9 new people, and it looks like I'll need 6 more by the end of summer. Third, I learned of 2 families who are going through some really hard stuff, and I can't do anything to solve their problems either. It's a good reminder that I'd rather have my own problems than theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment