Thursday, May 25, 2023

Drone, Baptism, Phone

Katie went to a birthday party on Friday, so I ran some errands while she was there. Meanwhile, James had driven to Rangely, CO, to take a test for his commercial drone license. He passed!

Saturday, I took the girls out to breakfast while the boys went to the Priesthood Commemoration at Remember the Maine. A girl in our ward got baptized that afternoon. There were a few hiccups, like the font not being filled, but it worked out with a little bit of rearranging the program. The kids and I went to a cookout at the family's house that afternoon and stayed till 7.

Tuesday, we went shopping for Joseph's main birthday present: a phone (number). We decided to stay with prepaid plans for now. I'm giving him my old phone, so we had to get SIM card for it and set it up with an Apple account. I had a little trouble with the server, but I figured things out. We ordered a fun, new case for it too. I'm particularly proud of the Memoji I created for Joseph. It looks just like him.

Today, it's Lewis's last day of school and Kindergarten program. I can't believe it! That means it's my last time walking to the bus stop for a few months, and the last time I have to convince Samantha to get dressed for the weather to walk down the street. This fall, it's her turn.

Lewis learned how to ride a bike this week! It was one of my summer goals to teach him, but he was pretty motivated to do it himself. He absolutely loves it and wants to ride all the time. This is such a great time of year. The kids are so happy to be outside all the time. They're all tan already too.


No comments:

Post a Comment