Thursday, June 1, 2023

Last Days of School, Rexburg, Joseph's 13th Birthday

Hurray! School is over for the year! Lewis had his last day on Thursday and everyone else on Friday. We relaxed on Saturday and did a playdate with some friends. Saturday night, I replaced the pump in my washing machine since it was leaking. It cost me 13 bucks and 1 1/2 hours of my life. I'm glad I did it since I'll have a ton of laundry when we get home from the reunion.

We packed Monday morning, and it worked surprisingly well. We left by 9. The only real problem came when we tried to take a scenic route and the mountain pass was still closed. It was beautiful, but it cost us an hour of time. We made it to the Lees' for dinner about 20 minutes late, so it wasn't the end of the world.

Tuesday morning, James and I did baptisms with Joseph and Joseph. It was really nice and peaceful. We got Millhollow afterward and visited Sam in his office. Grandma took the kids to Bear World while I made 2 buckeye pies for Joseph's birthday. I also made grits casserole for dinner and the Lees came over. Everything turned out delicious, and Joseph loved his presents, especially the phone. I can't believe he's a teenager now.

Wednesday, we divided and conquered. Some went to Victor to work and kayak. The rest of us went to D.I. and got some ice cream after lunch. I made a cake for Charlotte's birthday, and we had pizza, cake, and ice cream once her parents, Sam and Jesse, got back from rehearsal.

It's been a busy Thursday so far. Everyone is running around trying to get ready for the family reunion. I've escaped up here to write since the clutter and dog hair are driving me crazy. They're hoping to leave at 1 (probably 2), and I'll go with Anna when she gets home from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment