Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Projects, A Failed Adventure, Engagement

With some help from Devin, we moved the pirate ship steps into the sandbox. They weren't quite as heavy as we thought. While James was gone helping Devin fix his deck, I mowed around the bare rectangle and had Katie help me pick up all the trash. It would've been nice to plant everything on Friday, but it was super windy outside.

The girls went on a shopping trip with James Saturday morning. It was fun to visit D.I., Neighbors Thrift, and Dollar Tree with a quick snack at Wendy's. I found out that Dollar Tree has cheaper pretzels than Walmart, so I might be back. I've never really thought of the dollar store as a good place to buy food.

James played airsoft for a while, and I don't remember what we did at home. Honestly, I think it got kind of boring since we had to wait on the planting and I finished my stash of books. I was also waiting for a book on hold that wasn't ready yet.

Monday, Ashley and her kids came over. We had to reschedule a couple times because of travel and visitors, but I'm glad we finally got to hang out. James planted a globe willow and grass in the bare spot in the backyard.

Tuesday, we attempted to find a ghost town called Bullionville off of Red Cloud Loop. and it did not go well. First, I made the mistake of taking some anti-nausea medication. The side effects later on weren't worth it. Second, we couldn't find the place and spent a lot of time driving around. Third, we accidentally took a wrong turn as we were heading home (with no cell service, of course), so we didn't get there till 2:30. It was terrible. Everyone was hungry, tired, and grouchy. I threw together a quick lunch, and we did nothing for the rest of the day.

Today did not start off so well either. I got a poor night of sleep and had nightmares. I feel bad that I didn't go to help our friend Samantha move, but I've got a long list of things to do before I'll feel able to relax since we leave for Rexburg tomorrow. James took Joseph and Katie, so hopefully they will be enough help. I've done some cleaning and still have laundry, packing, and cooking to do.

To end on a happy note, Carmel and Matthew got engaged! I have no idea when the wedding is supposed to be. They said the end of the year or early next year. I'm so excited for them.

This will be a good trip. I'll feel more optimistic once I get things done and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment