Thursday, June 15, 2023

Balance, Summer Days

It's been both busy and kind of boring over the past week. Friday was our first "real" day of summer with all of us home, but I spent the whole day confused because it felt like Saturday. On actual Saturday, I went to a Relief Society salad and service social. It was pretty fun, even though not many people went.

Monday, James left to take pictures all day. For family home evening, we talked about making goals with the kids. So far, I've been having them help with the cooking when I remember. James wants to make sure everyone knows how to swim too.

Tuesday, James and I did a lunch date since it was the best day for one with our schedule this week. Joseph and I went to the dentist, which was mostly fine. Joseph has a tooth growing in weird with a cyst around it, so we're going to the orthodontist next week to see what to do next. It could be nothing, or it could be oral surgery in Salt Lake. I got my temple recommend renewed and then did a presidency meeting in the cabin.

Wednesday, we went to the library activity in the morning. I honestly think we're done with those. Our kids are older and already read on their own. The activities themselves are okay, but I end up bringing home random crafts that just get thrown away later. It's also the worst time to check out books since the library is full of kids and really chaotic. Maybe we will go to 1 or 2, but definitely not all of them. We went to the rec center in the afternoon, and it was mostly fun. I still had to keep a close eye on Samantha and Lewis to make sure they didn't wander off and drown. It's much easier with the older 3. We have a 3-month membership, so I think we'll go about once a week.

Joseph has a well check today, and then it's grocery shopping. This week has felt both too much and not enough. I've been trying to read a couple of books but can't seem to get into any of them. Hopefully, my focus will return. I also need to do more exercise, but I can't seem to find the motivation even though it's not been that hot outside yet. I would love it if this weather stayed forever, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment