Thursday, June 22, 2023

Upper Stillwater Dam, Projects, Teeth

It's been another busy week. We did an adventure to the Upper Stillwater Dam on Friday. The drive there and back was pretty interesting since we got to travel though a bunch of little communities in Duchesne County. The dam itself was beautiful. It was like a giant, manmade waterfall. We ate some lunch in picnic area and hiked up to the top of the dam. The views were stunning all around, and the I think the kids enjoyed themselves too. It was definitely worth the drive.

Saturday, we went to Paddlefest at Steinaker. We went out on some canoes and kayaks. We mostly had a good time, except for Katie, who was having a grumpy day for some reason.

Father's Day was mostly peaceful. I'd bought James some steak, so we had that with smashed potatoes and corn on the cob.

Monday, I cleaned out and painted the girls' room a purplish blue. It cost me almost nothing since I bought a quart of red to mix with the blue I used for the boy's room. I ended with about a cup of paint. I didn't finish the room till late at night since I had to wait for the carpet to dry, but it was worth it to displace the girls for one night, even though no one got a good night of sleep. In the afternoon, we went to see Elemental, which was adorable, and then got pizza in the park since I was too tired and busy to cook.

We had dental appointments and 1 orthodontist appointment on Tuesday. Joseph has a tooth that's growing in at a 45 degree angle with a cyst around it, so he needs braces and oral surgery. Lewis and Samantha both have some cavities. We're going to get dental insurance since it'll actually be worth it this time and take care of those things starting in September. Joseph will have braces for 18 months total and the oral surgery to expose the adult tooth a few months in. Fun times.

Yesterday, I went out with James for lunch and then spent the afternoon catching up on sewing projects. It was nice to clear out my stash of fabric. I also finished a book, and we finished the last game of Pandemic: Legacy Season 1. We already have Season 2, and I can't wait to play it.

Despite my kids' expensive teeth, it's been a really good week. We hit the right mix of hard work, fun, downtime. I hope we can keep this up for the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment