Thursday, June 8, 2023

Head Reunion, Triple Bunk

It's been a really busy week.

Thursday, we headed to the Head family reunion in Albion, ID. I think it was our 10th year there. Over the 3 days, we ate together, hung out, swam in the pool/hot tub, dipped chocolates, had an auction, did a candy toss, and probably a few things I forgot. Our main outing was the Minidoka, which used to be Japanese prison camp during WWII. I can't believe that actually happened in the U.S. The visitor's center was really nice, and we watched a heartbreaking video. A couple of older folks remarked that it was necessary because the government ended up finding a few spies, but I disagree. There was absolutely no justification for these camps. And, we believe in innocent until proven guilty during a fair trial.

Since we got home on Sunday, I've done 9 loads of laundry, grocery shopped, and mostly finished the boys' room. We completely cleaned it out on Monday, which took forever. Tuesday, I prepped and painted the accent wall and then cleaned the carpet that night after the paint had dried. Wednesday, we put the bunk bed together and sorted and put everything back. The assembly was easy, even though it took 3 1/2 hours to complete. We spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning since the kitchen and living room had also descended into chaos. James wasn't around because he had to work Monday - Thursday this week, so it was the boys who helped. I was so tired and achy by last night, but I still managed to catch up on all my regular household chores.

We're still waiting on a towel rack, a couple of storage bins, and 2 more mattresses for the bunk bed. The boys have enjoyed sleeping in the cabin for a few days during the process. Today, I plan on doing nothing with the room while I wait for things to arrive. I hope tomorrow feels like the first "real" day of summer where I can be kind of lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment