Sunday, October 22, 2023

Fall Break, Carmel's Wedding

The boys and I started our Hunger Games marathon last Saturday. The weekend wasn't too bad. We took it easy since we knew the next week would be crazy.

Monday, I canned spaghetti sauce and beets for the Binghams. I ended up doing 2 batches in the pressure canner to get it all done. I was disappointed in the beets' final color, but everything sealed.

Tuesday, I left for NC in the early afternoon. I got there really late and spent the night with Myles and Skyla. Skyla and I hung out the next day and did a little shopping to get things for Carmels' bachelorette party. I went over to Christian and Rachel's first to spend some time with them. The party was so much fun, with lots of delicious snacks, facials, and fun company. I got to know Carmel's new sisters-in-law a little bit, and they are awesome.

Thursday, we got up and headed to the state fair. Wow. I last went almost 20 years ago and forgot how fun it was. I went on kiddie rides with Emma and Kaya, the on some adult ones with Mara. We went upside down and all around. My favorite is still the one where they just drop you. The adrenaline rush is amazing. I had a Flamin' Hot corn dog and fried pecan pie, both of which were delicious. After getting ready at Mara's house, we headed to the Taylor Swift movie along with Mom, Grandma, and Carmel. It exceeded my expectations. I had a comfy recliner and they turned it up loud, so it felt like a more comfortable version of being at a concert. I could've done without the swearing, though, but I knew that was coming. The visuals and costumes were absolutely stunning.

Friday, Mara, the girls, and I went to the Benson Museum. It was a fun little place with an old guy who talked my ear off. :) We saw downtown Benson as well and then went back to chill for a little while. After dinner, I left with Ricky to set up for the reception. I stayed as long as I could, then went back to Apex with Carmel since I hadn't see Dad or my grandparents yet.

Saturday was the wedding. It went well, and it was beautiful. The luncheon afterward was delicious too. We had a little time to kill before getting there for the reception. There was a huge turnout and all the tables were filled almost the whole time. Carmel and Matthew look so happy together.

I got up very early to catch a 6:45 flight to Vernal with a 3-hour layover in Denver. Somehow I survived, and now I'm waiting on the rest of my family to get home from Rexburg. I had a wonderful, very busy trip. Now only Nash remains!

No comments:

Post a Comment