Thursday, October 12, 2023

Primary, Canning, Conferences, Surgery

Last Thursday ended up working out fine. I took the day off on Friday, no big projects of any kind, so I could regain some sanity. It worked pretty well. Saturday morning, I buckled down and worked on stuff for Primary while James took the kids out for 2 1/2 hours. It was the perfect amount of time to get it all done. We did a little date afterward and had lunch outside in the perfect fall weather.

Sunday, I was the only presidency member in Primary due to illness and travel. 2 of the ladies from the stake helped out, so I survived a really stressful Sunday.

Monday I made spaghetti sauce with meat. This was after babysitting my secretary's boys since her daughter was in the hospital. I went to parent/teacher conferences for the middle schoolers.

I ran a bunch of errands on Tuesday and then finished canning the sauce with the rest of the tomatoes I needed. That night, James and I went on another date to get food and watch a favorite show.

Wednesday morning, I had to run more errands, but I had time to make pepper jelly afterward. It's my first time making it, and it turned out great, about medium spicy. I included some lemon drop peppers from some ward members. Those are SPICY on their own! I went to parent/teacher conferences for all 3 elementary kids. All 5 kids got glowing reviews from their teachers, which is always nice.

Today, I got up early to drive Joseph to his surgery. It didn't take long, I paid it off, and his mouth didn't hurt too much afterward. We got food and milkshakes at Dairy Keen and got home around 4. I'm so tired, but I'm glad everything went well. Joseph wasn't too weird afterward; he just kept on asking the same questions over and over as he mumbled though the gauze.

I have more Primary stuff to do this weekend, but I should sleep better knowing that the surgery is out of the way. We don't even have to do a follow-up since we live so far away.

I just need to stay awake during the stake Primary leadership meeting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment