Thursday, October 5, 2023

Rash, Conference, More Canning and Stress

We had a playdate with the Abarcas on Friday. Samantha ended up with a weird rash on her legs, which made me really worried. After consulting Rex, we gave her Benadryl and rubbed on some calamine lotion. It was completely gone after a couple of days. I have no idea what she had a reaction to, maybe something outside?

We had a decent General Conference weekend. I didn't pay attention as well as I should have, but I'm going to make a goal to reread all the talks this time. I've let that habit slip since being called to Primary, but I need to study the Gospel more than ever since I don't get a lesson on Sundays. The kids and I put together the treat bags for the Trunk or Treat.

Monday, I canned spaghetti sauce with Ana. Though she was late, the timing ended up perfect since I pulled the jars out right as I needed to leave. We decided to get our passports, so I had to pick up kids from the elementary school, run over to the county building, get pictures taken, pay all the fees by check (ugh, haha), and then run to the post office to mail off James's and mine while the county finished the ones for Joseph and Kenny. The plan is to go to Ecuador next summer, and I keep hearing horror stories about passports, so I'm feeling happy about getting them done. Honestly, there's never a good time to drag everyone to a 3:30 appointment anywhere, so I'm glad we got that out of the way.

Tuesday, I volunteered at the school and then canned spaghetti sauce and beets. I also finished the hot sauce. I was feeling pretty overwhelmed after dinner, so James and I went out to get some dessert and a fall candle. It helped cheer me up a bit.

Yesterday, we had a playdate with Navy and got flu shots after dinner. 

Today is packed too. I need to return the scooter that James used off and on for the past week. I have a presidency meeting to plan the Primary program, an orthodontist appointment, a ministering appointment, and sealings at the temple after dinner. A lady in my ward and I are related to the same person, though her relationship is by marriage, so we are going to get that sealing done along with some others.

I'm worried about a lot of stuff, but it helped yesterday when I collected all my notes, said a prayer, and typed up an outline for planning the Primary program. It's going to go fine. My biggest stress is thinking about driving Joseph to Orem next week for dental surgery. It'll be a long day, but it'll all work out. I really wish things would slow down a bit so I have a chance to get bored. That hasn't happened yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment