Thursday, January 25, 2024

Photos, Sewing, Busy, Gloomy

I finished the photos! That giant box shrank down to half the size once I got rid of the bad pictures and organized everything really well. Everything is dated except for about 20 pictures, and I shared the album with the family on Google Photos.

My next project has been working on sewing a few quilts out of scraps from Grandma Lee. I spent Friday cutting squares, then Saturday making a few small blankets. I'll be able to make 2 patchwork quilts, twin size, and 1 more small blanket for a total of 6 blankets/quilts. I had just enough squares to plan out the 2 patchwork quilts with only 2 left over.

Saturday, I attended a murder mystery party that was Italian-themed. It was delicious and fun. I still have a pile of books to read from Christmas, but I'm working on them.

It's been a pretty busy week with the orthodontist, a parent-teacher conference, activities for Katie and YM for the boys, and now the science fair. I took everyone with me and dropped the boys off at the Conference Center this morning, then took the littles to school. I'll go back this afternoon with Samantha to see the projects and the awards ceremony.

Once I'm done with the sewing, I'm going to organize my recipes and catch up on the blog. It's been a while. I also ordered a little laminator so I can have nicer recipe cards. The card protectors have proven to be flimsy over the years. On the subject of cooking, my KitchenAid mixer currently isn't working. I replaced the motor brushes, but that wasn't it. There's a short in it somewhere, so I'm going to take it apart on Saturday and see if I can fix it. I give myself a 50/50 chance.

I had a couple of gloomy days this week. It's been cloudy for a week now, and the past 3 playdates have been cancelled due to illness (though not ours, so I'm grateful for that). I also had a bad morning yesterday and send a kid to school crying (though that really wasn't my fault.) The sun came out and she returned home happy, so everything is good again. I also finished Stormlight 4. I can't wait for the 5th one to come out this year!

Samantha wants to go to school full day during the 3rd trimester, and that was always my plan, but it's sneaking up pretty fast. I've got my work cut out for me, though. There are more photos to come, miscellaneous ones from another box, and then digital ones from SD cards. I have no idea how much time those will take up, but I won't get them till March when James makes a short trip to Rexburg for a comedy show with his sister. I am really glad I took on the project. I had never before seen any pictures of James for a good chunk of his life. I feel like I know his family better, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment