Thursday, February 1, 2024

Science Fair and Bowl, KitchenAid, Sewing

The science fair went well for Joseph and Kenny on Thursday. We'd had an awful morning on Wednesday, but Thursday was completely different and went very smoothly. I went to the awards ceremony in the afternoon, and Joseph won a community prize!

Friday, Joseph left in the afternoon for the science bowl in SLC. They did all right, but it's a pretty new competition, so they didn't really know what they were up against. We had a game night, but I didn't love it. One guy brought his child, so that meant my children stayed up till 10 to play. Everyone was super grouchy the next morning too.

Kenny and I took the KitchenAid apart on Saturday morning. We couldn't find what was wrong with it, which is what I figured, but it was nice to see that the insides were truly shot. Actually, the gears were fine, but everything was covered in thick, black grease and dust. The grease starts off white, from what I understand. Either way, I went online and ordered a new (refurbished) one that happened to be on sale. It should arrive soon.

I finished 2 T-shirt quilts this week, one for Katie and one for Kenny. All I have left are a few scraps and repairs, which shouldn't take too long. I'll have more photos (both physical and digital) at the end of February when Anna comes to visit. My laminator came, so I can also work on updating my recipe cards and blog. It's been way too long since I even posted a recipe.

I'm currently making Almond Joy ice cream for Lewis's birthday tomorrow. I can't believe that kid is going to be 7.

Samantha and I finally got to do some play dates this week! School is going to change things, but she really wants to go full day. That will give me a chance to work on those photos all day if I want, uninterrupted. I won't deny that it's going to be lonely, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment