Thursday, February 22, 2024

Long Weekend

We didn't have school on Friday or Monday due to the end of the tri and President's Day. James had wanted to go to Salt Lake for a day, but Kenny was still kind of sick on Friday. We instead stayed home and got the rest we needed after getting through that nasty illness. It got a little boring at times, but it was worth it to stay at home. James and I went on several dates: to a movie, to lunch in Roosevelt at a fun diner, and to dinner when I was feeling sad and grumpy. We figured it was still a lot cheaper than taking a trip to Salt Lake with the whole family.

This week has been a lot less busy, and everyone went to school except for today. Katie never ended up getting sick, and I'd promised her a mental health day. I think she's been a little bored, but that's okay. I don't want to encourage her to stay home because it's fun. I've tried to put her to work too.

We've had some snow, rain, and hail over the past few days, but the cows are back, so spring is coming! I can't wait! I'm also excited for Anna's visit, another Monday off (for the kids, though not James), and then full-day school for Samantha starting on Tuesday. I won't miss walking to the bus stop. I'm also getting a ton of photos, both physical and digital, from Anna that I'll be working on for an undetermined amount of time in the coming weeks. I still can't believe how fast this year has gone. I thought I was going to be bored, and that's hilarious to think about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment