Thursday, February 8, 2024

Lewis's 7th Birthday, Stomach Bug

Lewis's birthday was great. He loved his presents, and the cake and ice cream recipes I somewhat invented both came out great. We watched Jurassic World together after dinner. Unfortunately, the fun ended when Samantha threw up in her bed and I found it the next morning. I'd been hoping for some peaceful reading time before everyone woke up. I got it all cleaned up. She felt completely fine all day, so we did Sunday as normal with no one staying home.

Things were fine on Monday too, and we did a playdate, but Samantha threw up that night in her bed again. I'd told Katie I would deep clean the room, and I did, but the number of biohazards was more than I expected. Yuck. I hate being a nurse.

Samantha stayed home Tuesday and Wednesday and finally went to school today. I've not slept well because our blanket is too warm and I've been stressed. This morning, the boys informed me that Lewis threw up several times during the night and their lightbulb burned out. James graciously got the laundry into the wash while I made breakfast. Lewis is starting to perk up a bit. I hope the saltines and Gatorade stay down. I canceled everything I had for this week, and I'm going to have James take Lewis to his well check (ha). The number of times a kid has gotten sick right before a well check is crazy.

I'm glad I'm not working on anything big this week. It's been rough. I had some time to read and blog, but the extra laundry, sanitizing, etc. is stressing me out. Even though this winter has been warm and dry (relatively), I'm still ready for it to be over so we can be completely healthy. We have been pretty lucky this year, but I'm still not enjoying this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment