Thursday, February 15, 2024

More Stomach Bug, Valentine's Day

There's not a whole lot to report about this week except that more of us got sick. To recap, it all started with Katie (maybe?) who complained about her stomach hurting for about 4 days 2 weeks ago. Maybe it's 3 weeks now. I thought it was because she had a mean sub at school. Then, Samantha got sick for a few days, followed by Lewis. We had a Saturday where no one seemed sick, but then Sunday Lewis threw up again and then Joseph came down with it later in the day. Joseph missed Monday this week, then on Tuesday, it was my turn to get sick. Thankfully, it was short-lived, but it was not very fun while it lasted. Kenny started getting sick on Tuesday as well, so he's been home for the past few days. He had attempted going to school but threw up soon after getting there, so I went and picked him up after finding out the van wouldn't start, so I had to take the Yukon. Ugh.

We don't have school tomorrow or Monday, so that's a huge blessing. The bug, though short-lived for me, really wiped me out. I'm feeling normal now except for some lingering fatigue.  I've cleaned up more bodily fluids in the past 2 weeks than I have in years. I could definitely never be a nurse. Only James and Katie escaped without any real symptoms. I really hope they don't come down with it too. I don't think I can handle doing any more laundry.

Despite the sickness, we had a fun Valentine's Day. James got us all goodies, and I made some sugar cookies with pink frosting. The stake primary pres and Sis. Hall both stopped by with goodies when I was lying on the couch feeling terrible. It made my day.

I managed to get a few small things done, like cleaning my keyboard and learning a song I bought a few months ago. I also finished a couple of books and almost finished my pile from Christmas. I'm not going to run out any time soon because I have a whole bunch of recommendations from the book party I went to in January. I also caught up on my blog (mostly). After Anna comes next week, I won't have as much down time because I'll be getting a bunch of pictures to sort through. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment