Friday, September 9, 2011

#3

Yep, today was the 3rd wedding we've been to in the last 3 weeks. James's best friends (well, one of them) got married to a girl from Idaho Falls. I've already said how much I love temple weddings. This is still true.

It's been a great week. I felt really productive. Cindy and I picked TONS of apples. She got 55 lbs. (!) but I was a little slower and got only 28. :) I worked on dehydrating a bunch of them. Grandma Lee also gave me half a box of peaches. 3 days later, I ended up with 1 1/2 gallons of dried apples (with plenty left for eating and PIE), a bag of dried peaches, peach fruit leather, and very tired feet. (Not to mention cleaning that silly dehydrator!) However, I was very pleased with the results, especially because I'd never made fruit leather before.

Dad dropped Myles off at the MTC, so he is visiting until Tues. when he goes back to SLC for meetings. We went to the temple yesterday for initiatories. For dinner, we had Big Jud's. I made the mistake of taking a prenatal vitamin before dinner. NOT a good idea. I came really close to throwing up, but luckily, I didn't. Big Jud's is soo yummy, despite the fact that I ate about twice as much ice cream as I really wanted. Waffle cones are huge! To be truthful, I don't think I'd ever had one before yesterday, at least, not with 3 scoops of ice cream on it.

We walked up Cress Creek and looked at the beautiful valley. Hopefully the fires we've been seeing aren't causing too much damage. I don't remember there being so many any other year.

James is at the luncheon now. I came home to see Dad and Jojo, who was still asleep. The laundry is done, the house is clean, and life is good. All I have to do is make our yummy enchiladas and go to the wedding reception tonight. It's fun to hang out with Dad. I'm sad that James starts school on Monday, though! It's been so nice to have him here. Well, that's life, I guess. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I was thinking after I ran into you this morning that you've been to an awful lot of weddings lately!!! I'm kind of jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete