Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Week

The week was busy, but all the essentials got done. What I'd really love to do is go to the temple with James. It would be a much-needed mental break from running someone else's household. Don't get me wrong: I love my job as a homemaker, but doing it for someone else has its challenges, like

1. Meeting the needs of teenagers (one with disabilities) and a toddler (who's recovering from a cold, but not quite there!)

2. Finding things in the kitchen. This led me to do some organizing, which I rather enjoyed. Now, I shall cook in peace (as long as I can find the utensils I need!)

3. Keeping a much bigger house clean. Joseph has had lots of time to explore and figure out new things, like how to climb on the kitchen table and dump out Grandma's sugar and flour drawers. Luckily, he's forgotten about those temporarily...

4. Authority. I really don't feel like I can boss around someone else's teenagers. My own siblings, sure, but I just don't want to be super picky about anything nonessential. The house is presentable, and everyone has been eating and sleeping. I consider that to be a success.

I can't wait to live in my apt. again!

I got to go harvest potatoes today. I had NO idea how many potatoes come out of one square foot of ground. Within 5 minutes, I probably had 20 lbs. in my box. Grandma and Grandpa Lee had invited me to go get these FREE potatoes from their stake president's field in Ririe. Awesome.

Life goes back to normal on Wednesday. That is awesome too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment