Monday, September 5, 2011

I Love Weddings

Is there anything more joyous than a temple wedding? I don't think so. The beauty of the sealing room, quiet whispers of smiling family members, and the peace that is felt make for a truly amazing experience.

My brother-in-law, Sam, got married to Jesse this past Saturday. They were both practically glowing with happiness. The feeling of joy at that moment when they became a new family stayed with me all day. Lunch 2 hours late? Who cares! I think we were all too happy to be annoyed. Plus, it was fun to reminisce with family members and see the newlyweds make lots of lovestruck faces at each other.

Their wedding reception was lovely as well. The most epic moment was definitely lighting lanterns and watching them float away in the night sky, just like on Tangled.

I think that heaven rejoices every time that a new family is created. My own wedding day wasn't that long ago, and it's definitely a day that I'll remember forever. The day that Joseph was born was another wonderful day. I will never get married again (!), so I'm looking forward to the birth of our next baby somewhat anxiously. Few days compare in emotion to those days where eternal families are created (or get bigger!)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I posted a comment and then it failed to post. I love weddings too. We've only had the opportunity to go to 2 sealings since we got married, though. Oh, and we enjoyed seeing the lanterns - I bet they were sooo cool up close!

    ReplyDelete