Monday, October 3, 2011

Hello, Monday

I woke up today with no motivation to do anything. Is is because it's Monday? Maybe, maybe not. I was a little discouraged to feel so out of breath while working out when it used to be so easy. Now, a few hours later, it's hard to feel glum when I have the smell of bread baking in the oven, a sleeping baby (even though it's probably the only nap today), and the hum of the dishwasher in the background.

I have to remind myself that it is okay to wake up tired after a good night's sleep, to eat lots of snacks, and to take a break. I'm now 14 weeks along, so in the 2nd trimester. I've felt great, just a tiny bit of nausea (and mostly from being carsick - yuck.) My other baby looks adorable as he toddles around. "Toddle" is really the only way to describe it. He puts his hands up in the air as if he is accomplishing some great victory. After 16 months, I would say that he is. Maybe it will be time for shoes soon. That boy has some tiny feet!

I really enjoyed Conference this weekend. I'll admit that it's taken me years to really appreciate all that is given to us during those wonderful hours of counsel. I've been feeling that my goals needed refreshing. Now, they have been. I have plenty of things to work on for the next 6 months. I'm already feeling good about it, too.

As a side note, I managed to stay awake during all of Conference somehow. I started a blanket and a scarf. I still have a goal to finish up all that white yarn by the time the year ends! We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment