Monday, October 31, 2011

Things I Love Right Now

1. I went to a missionary homecoming yesterday, and my homemade salsa was very popular. Plus, I got to see Tanisha again! (and eat tons of yummy Mexican food)

2. It's Halloween, one of those holidays with zero "reverent" celebration. No one can blame me for not doing anything worshipful or serious today. (Not that I mind that, but it's nice not to get a lecture about not celebrating the "true" meaning of Halloween, you know? And no one is going to say a 10-minute prayer over dinner either.)

3. I don't have to worry about another piano recital until December. The one I did yesterday went well. We had delicious pie afterward too.

4. Joseph did not wake up in the middle of the night last night. He had 3 days in a row where he did, and that affected my sleep very negatively, because I have that crazy pregnancy can't-go-back-to-sleep insomnia if it's any time past 4:00. I slept 9 hours last night, and it was not too much.

5. Aunt Ruth's Halloween party tonight! She goes all out with crazy-named "gross" foods that are quite delicious. I'm taking monster eyes (deviled eggs) and dressing up my baby as a pumpkin. He is adorable!

2 comments:

  1. OK, your number 2 had me giggling out loud! Too true! I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff... although I am jealous of #1. You might have to make some salsa and mail it to me... and maybe have to stuff Tanisha in the package as well. :)

    ReplyDelete